ASFPM Chapter Benefits and Services Menu 2013This listing depicts services and options presently available.
- Executive Office staff member support from Training and Chapter Coordinator to help with chapter assistance needs, inquiries, questions, and concerns.
- Chapter Director Representation on the ASFPM Board of Directors.
- One vote on behalf of your Chapter in elections and all issues presented to members for vote.
- Member rate for two conference registrations and all ASFPM publications.
- ASFPM-developed training modules available at no cost to ASFPM chapters.
- Monthly ASFPM newsletters and other special bulletins to Chapter Contacts 1 & 2
- Regular "Chapter Alerts" by email to Chapter Contacts 1 & 2
- Bi-Monthly "All Chapters" Conference Calls with Chapter Board & Committee Chairs
- Bi-Monthly Newsletter for Chapters newsletters to Chapter Board & Committee Chairs
- Ad hoc Chapter Topic calls as chapter interest permits with Chapter Board & Committee Chairs
- Chapter newsletter article sharing coordination (contact Kait@floods.org)
- Permission to reprint individual ASFPM-authored newsletter articles and chapter alerts in your Chapter newsletter, with credit to ASFPM.
- Free posting of chapter events on the ASFPM Events Calendar
- Electronic "back up" file of Chapter's essential documents (chapter provides documents)
- Access to ASFPM Membership Directory for Chapter Contacts 1 & 2 (not for chapter distribution)
- Committee reports are available from the ASFPM policy committees on the ASFPM website
News & Views, Insider newsletters (Contact ASFPM, email Kait Laufenberg)
|Chapters email ASFPM newsletter to their members
|ASFPM emails direct to Chapter members (incl. clean-up)
Chapter Training Support
will develop a catalog of training modules to address ongoing needs for
continuing education of floodplain management practitioners and CFMs.
Training modules developed by ASFPM will be made available for chapter
use at no cost.
- Chapters will receive one complete
starter kit of course "originals" at no cost for each ASFPM training
module upon deployment. Each kit will include: Instructor Guide, Student
Manual, presentation materials, and resource documents. Chapters can
produce additional copies for offering courses locally at their
convenience with chapter-selected instructors.
- Chapters will have the option to
contract ASFPM to present a 4-8 hour Train-the-Trainer workshop at their
chapter meetings or conferences to develop a cadre of local instructors
to deliver training.
National Speaker Registry referral no charge (when available).
Chapter Web Site Hosting
- Hosted web server space up to 1 GB of storage, 25 MB of transfer data- $200 per year.
- Web page design and/or webmaster services are not provided by ASFPM
- Annual contract- January through December
- If your chapter's website is a sub-domain of Floods.org (i.e. http://ny.floods.org) you do not have to register your domain.
- If your website is not a sub-domain of Floods.org, you are responsible for maintaining your own domain name registration.
Chapter Database Maintenance
- Chapters can ask ASFPM to manage their member database. Call us to discuss if interested.