SAME DAY EVENTS:
E930 IEMC/Community Specific: City of Irving, TX
L580 Emergency Management Framework for Tribal Governments
L273 Managing Floodplain Development Through the NFIP
E122 Emergency Management Standard Training
L101 Foundations of Emergency Management
Endangered Species Overview
Natural Hazards Workshop, "Knowledge to Action: Reducing Hazards Losses & Promoting Disaster Resilience"
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(273) Managing Floodplain Development Through the NFIP
8:30 AM - 4:45 PM
California Extreme Precipitation Symposium, "Early Perspectives of the 2017 Water Year"
|7/11/2017 - 7/13/2017 |
|L550 Continuity of Operations Planning
|Location: Madison, WI
|Time: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Wisconsin Emergency Management Agency & FEMA
This is a 3-day course
Wisconsin Emergency Management
2400 Wright St.
SEOC Training Room A104/105
Madison, WI 53704
This course is based on the guidance to the Federal Executive Branch departments and agencies for developing Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plans and Programs. COOP Plans facilitate the performance of essential functions during any situation which may disrupt normal operations. This course provides the skills and knowledge to improve the overall quality and workability of COOP Plans.
Selection Criteria: Participation is open to Federal, state, local, territorial, and tribal government employees responsible for managing a COOP Program.
- Correctly recognize the background policy regarding continuity that affects development of continuity plans for reference in plan development.
- Develop a strategy to create a continuity plan using available requirements, guidance, and tools.
- Recognize and incorporate all the key elements of a viable continuity plan.
- Explain the four phases of continuity and relate their application to the continuity planning process in your organization.
- Recognize factors that affect plan maintenance and distribution strategies based upon factors identified through best practices, requirements, and guidance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key concepts and strategies for developing, implementing, and updating a continuity plan and adhering to requirements and guidance by passing the final exam with a score of at least 70%.
Prerequisites: IS0547.a, Introduction to Continuity of Operations; or E0548, Continuity of Operations Planning Program Manager Train-the-Trainer Course Recommended: IS0235.c, Emergency Planning
CECs: 12 CECs for CFMs
Eugene Essex, WI Dept. of Administration, 608-266-8566, firstname.lastname@example.org
Course attendance is free, but registration is required.
Click here for conferences on this date.
Click here for other events on this date.
Click here for webinars on this date.