SAME DAY EVENTS:
Wetland Assessment, Restoration and Management (CSP3106)
L930 IEMC/Community Specific: Chesapeake, VA
E580 Emergency Management Framework for Tribal Governments
L550 Continuity of Operations Planning
L103 Planning: Emergency Operations
L101 Foundations of Emergency Management
E930 IEMC, Community Specific
E273 Managing Floodplain Development Through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
L278 National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) / Community Rating System (CRS)
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Floodplain Delineation Using 2D HEC-RAS Model
|8/23/2017 - 8/25/2017 |
|L550 Continuity of Operations Planning
|Location: San Angelo, TX
|Time: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
San Angelo County EOC
8485 Hangar Rd.
San Angelo, TX 76904
This course is based on the guidance to the Federal Executive Branch departments and agencies for developing Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plans and Programs. COOP Plans facilitate the performance of essential functions during any situation which may disrupt normal operations. This course provides the skills and knowledge to improve the overall quality and workability of COOP Plans.
Selection Criteria: Participation is open to Federal, state, local, territorial, and tribal government employees responsible for managing a COOP Program.
- Correctly recognize the background policy regarding continuity that affects development of continuity plans for reference in plan development.
- Develop a strategy to create a continuity plan using available requirements, guidance, and tools.
- Recognize and incorporate all the key elements of a viable continuity plan.
- Explain the four phases of continuity and relate their application to the continuity planning process in your organization.
- Recognize factors that affect plan maintenance and distribution strategies based upon factors identified through best practices, requirements, and guidance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key concepts and strategies for developing, implementing, and updating a continuity plan and adhering to requirements and guidance by passing the final exam with a score of at least 70%.
Prerequisites: IS0547.a, Introduction to Continuity of Operations; or E0548, Continuity of Operations Planning Program Manager Train-the-Trainer Course Recommended: IS0235.c, Emergency Planning
CECs: 12 CECs for CFMs
create a FEMA Student Identification Number (if you don't already have
one), then follow instructions to apply for an on-campus course.
Applications should be submitted a least 4 weeks prior to the course
date. Admissions: 301-447-1000, email@example.com.
Click here for chapter conferences on this date.
Click here for webinars on this date.