SAME DAY EVENTS:
GIS Introduction (CSP7100)
L550 Continuity of Operations Planning
E364 Multihazard Emergency Planning for Schools
Planning and Facilitating Collaborative Meetings
Geomorphic & Ecological Fundamentals of River & Stream Restoration
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
G273 Managing Floodplain Development Through the NFIP
8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
2017 National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Administration & Legislative Training
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
G290 Basic Public Information Officer (PIO) Training
|8/7/2017 - 8/10/2017 |
|E705 Fundamentals of Grants Management
|Location: Emmitsburg, MD
This is a 3-day resident course
Emergency Management Institute (EMI)
National Emergency Training Center (NETC)
16825 S. Seton Ave.
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
This course is designed for FEMA grantees and sub-grantees. It includes discussion and activities to improve the ability of FEMA grantees to administer Federal grant funding.
Selection Criteria: Participants
must be FEMA grantees or sub-grantees ONLY. Invitations and course
announcements are sent to grantees directly from the Grants Programs
- Improve collaboration across disciplines to integrate grants management functions.
- Review applicable cost principles and navigate and apply the FEMA Code of Federal Regulations and FEMA Information Bulletins.
- Apply sound business practices to increase efficiency and meet grants management priorities.
- Develop or revise policies, procedures, and practices in critical areas of grants management.
- Prepare for Federal monitoring and conduct sub-grantee monitoring.
CECs: 12 CECs for CFMs
Course attendance is free, but registration is required. NOTE: NO STIPEND OR TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS COURSE. Students must be grant recipients, and are allowed to use Management and Administrative (M&A) grant funds for training with approval from Program Analyst (Headquarters or Region).
Register here, create a FEMA Student Identification Number (if you don't already have one), then follow instructions to apply for an on-campus course. Applications should be submitted a least 4 weeks prior to the course date. Admissions: 301-447-1000, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should wait for their confirmation letter from EMI with their admission status prior to making travel arrangements.
Click here for webinars on this date.