On behalf of FEMA Headquarters and Region IV, you are cordially invited to participate in an Inter-Agency Sea Level Rise Panel Discussion involving the FEMA Risk MAP Federal Coastal Partners. During the past 10 years, multiple hurricanes have caused billions of dollars in damage and much human suffering. Climate change and its associated potential for sea level rise has received much attention in recent years as we strive for improved resiliency as a nation.
FEMA asks that you join the panel discussion to learn more about what the Federal Coastal Partners are doing to analyze the potential impacts of sea level rise and support states and local communities as they plan and prepare for disaster resiliency along the US coastline.
Panelists include Subject Matter Experts from FEMA, EPA, USGS, NOAA and USACE.
Send questions for the panelists by Friday, Oct. 10 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The panel will take place on:
Date & Time: Thursday, Oct. 16, 2014, from 2-3:30 p.m. EDT.
Webinar Link: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/slr_panel_outreach/
A draft version of the agenda for the panel discussion is provided below. The final agenda and the bios for the four panelists will be provided Friday.
The panel discussion is being recorded, so you must sign into the webinar to participate. Space is limited to the first 500, so sign in by 1:55 p.m. to ensure your seat.
1. Welcome and Opening Remarks – (FEMA HQ Moderator TBD)
2. Panelist Introductions – (FEMA HQ Moderator TBD)
· FEMA HQ – Mark Crowell, FEMA Coastal Scientist and Technical Mapping Advisory Council (TMAC) Designated Federal Officer
· NOAA National Ocean Service – Doug Marcy, Senior Coastal Hazards Specialist
· USACE Institute for Water Resources – Dr. Kathleen White, Senior Lead for Global and Climate Change
· EPA, Region 4 – Bryan Myers, Energy & Climate Change Coordinator
· USGS Saint Petersburg Coastal and Marine Science Center – Dr. Nathaniel Plant, Research Oceanographer / USGS Pacific Coastal and Marine Science Center – Dr. Patrick Barnard, Coastal Geologist
4. Q&A Session – (FEMA HQ Moderator TBD)
5. Closing Remarks – (FEMA HQ Moderator TBD)